Wakefield is a spectacular city in West Yorkshire, England, which had a population of 76,886 in the year 2001. In the eighteenth century, Wakefield traded corn, coal mining. It transformed into the locale town and seat of the West Riding County Council in the year 1889.
Rock and bronze and later bronze and in addition iron executes have been found at Lee Moor in the Wakefield locale showing affirmation of human development since old times. Moreover, it was an imperative city of the West Riding and County Hall was the administrative place for West Riding County Council from 1898.
The Battle of Wakefield happened in the Wars of the Roses and it was a Royalist fortification in the Civil War. The city transformed into a basic business area town and place for fleece and a major market town. Wakefield is a significant town for touring and also there are numerous attractions in the form of parks and shopping malls which bring in numerous sightseers.
Population Of Wakefield In 2018:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Wakefield in 2018, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
1. 2013 –330,987
2. 2014 –331,379
3. 2015 –331,580
4. 2016 – 331,800
5. 2017 – 332,060
Predicting the 2018 population of Wakefield is not easy but we can get the idea after analysing the population from the year 2013 – 17. As we have seen that every year the population increases by approximate 214 people. Hence, the population of Wakefield in 2018 is forecast to be 332,060 + 214 = 332,274. So, the population of Wakefield in the year 2018 as per estimated data is 332,274.
Wakefield Population 2018 –332,274 (estimated)
Demography Of Wakefield:
At the 2001 UK evaluation, the city had an aggregate population of 315,172 and around 161,962 were female and 153,210 were male. Of the 132,212 families, 39.56% were hitched couples living independently, 28.32% were one-solitary families and 9.71% were single individuals. The figures for single guardian families were over the national average of 9.5%.
Population Density And Growth Of Wakefield:
The population density is 9.31 persons per square kilometre. As shown by the data reports, it is relied upon to have a critical population structure change inside the coming five years, with the old individual’s age group developing by over 11% by 2016 and over 22% by 2021. By the year 2031, the old resident’s population is relied upon to have grown by the greater part.
Facts About Wakefield:
1. In the eighteenth century, Wakefield traded corn and materials and in 1888 its ward church got basilica status. It transformed into the locale town and seat of the West Riding County Council in 1889.
2. Rock and bronze and later bronze and in addition iron executes have been found at Lee Moor in the Wakefield locale showing affirmation of human development since old times. This part in Yorkshire was the area of the Brigantes till the Roman occupation in AD 43.
3. The city in old times was a business town in the Agbrigg division of the wapentake of Agbrigg. It transformed into a parliamentary ward with one Member of Parliament after the Reform Act in 1832.
4. Wakefield is the imperative city of the West Riding and County Hall was the administrative place for West Riding County Council from 1898.
5. An Act was passed in 1699, making the Aire-Calder Navigation which outfitted the town with access to the North Sea and helped Wakefield transform into a prosperous business part town.
Now find the latest population of Wakefield in 2019 here